No replies to this topic

#1 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 26 May 2006 - 06:08 PM

Visit the Rules & Guidelines for more information.

How many covers can I request?
Non-donating members may post up to two (2) topics requesting cover artwork. Supporters can request 12 custom covers, Loyal Supporters 25 and Ultra Supporters can request 100 covers and have two request topics open at the same time. We have a limited number of people who make cover artwork, so to fulfill requests from everyone we have to limit the number of requests each member makes, but we give priority and more requests to Supporters, Loyal Supporters and Ultra Supporters because they have donated money to help maintain the website. Please keep in mind that the people who make artwork here are not paid or obligated to do so, they are simply music fans volunteering their free time and effort to make something for you. If you're interested in becoming a Supporter or Ultra Supporter so that you may post more requests for cover artwork, please read the next few FAQs.

What is the Supporters member group and how do I get promoted into it?
Supporters have donated $8 USD to the BootlegCoverArt.com website in order to help us pay for monthly hosting costs and other fees. Because they have donated, Supporters may request 12 custom covers. To make a donation via PayPal, click here.

What is the Loyal Supporters member group and how do I get promoted into it?
Loyal Supporters have donated $15 USD to the BootlegCoverArt.com website in order to help us pay for monthly hosting costs and other fees. Because they have donated, Loyal Supporters may request 25 custom covers. To make a donation via PayPal, click here.

What is the Ultra Supporters member group and how do I get promoted into it?
Ultra Supporters have donated $50 USD to the BootlegCoverArt.com website in order to help us pay for monthly hosting costs and other fees. Because they have donated, Ultra Supporters may request 100 custom covers and have two request topics open at the same time. To make a donation via PayPal, click here.

May I request an alternate cover, even if a cover has been found or is available in the Artwork Gallery?
We get an average of 150 cover requests per month and we just can't make a different cover for every person who doesn't like the existing artwork. If a cover has been found or is already available in our gallery then no new cover may be requested, unless it's for a good reason: the cover is for an alternate source or upgrade, the existing cover has wrong information or misspelled words, or the cover has very bad image quality.

Can I request alternate cover artwork for official releases?
No, sorry. Technically, one can create alternate cover artwork for official releases for their own personal use without infringing anyone's rights; however, this is a site about bootleg recordings and we're not interested in making alternate cover artwork for things that already have covers available. We get too many requests for bootleg covers to worry about other covers, and you should have the official cover artwork anyway if you actually purchased the product. ;) This website does not tolerate or support people who steal officially released music and movies by downloading pirated copies.

Can I request high quality 300 DPI cover artwork?
Cover Artists make covers according to whatever sizes they use. The members requesting the artwork can certainly state a preference, but ultimately the cover artists do what they want.

What should I put for the filename of a cover before I upload it into the Artwork Gallery?
This page outlines how to name cover artwork before uploading it into our Artwork Gallery.

May I request cover artwork for things that are not music related, such as television shows?
Sorry, but no. This site takes requests only for music bootlegs and television specials/documentaries that are music-related. To find other types of covers, try searching Customaniacs or FanEdit.

Can I include cover artwork that I found on this website in torrents of bootlegs that I post on other sites?
No problem at all, but please mention who made the artwork and that it came from http://www.bootlegcoverart.com. :)

I can no longer upload attachments in topics, what happened?
Every member has a certain amount of attachment space. To free up space for new attachments, just delete old ones that you no longer need. You can delete attachments from the Manage Attachments page in the My Settings area.

How do I post my signature image?
In your My Controls area, click on the Edit Signature link on the left menu. Once in the sig area, you need to put your image's URL in an Image tag. Be sure to close the tag.
Example:

[IMG]http://www.geocities.com/frantik2k3/examplepic.jpg[/IMG]

For those of you that don't have a host for your sig/avatar:
Your avatar can be uploaded to BootlegCoverArt.com in your My Controls area. For a sig host, try ImageShack or PhotoBucket.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users