• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 siavash

siavash
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Favorite Band:Sonata Arctica, Megadeth, Stratovarius

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

When people list certain bootlegs as being "masters", does that entail that it was recorded/authored by that person, or does it just mean that they happen to have an exact copy of the master?

Also, would you rather have a trader only list his own recordings as his "masters", or should he include masters that he got from other people (carbon copies)? This has been confusing me for a while, and I don't want to accidentally give people the idea that I somehow managed to fly from a Maiden show in Brazil to a Dio show in Germany in 1 day...

#2 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

It means they have a copy of the original recording (and some traders do make a separate list they call "masters" but which is really just a list of their own recordings). Probably all new recordings are actually masters, considering they're digital. The generation is really only important for copies of VHS bootlegs--a master being a digital copy of the original VHS tape, as opposed to a copy of a copy.

#3 gergor

gergor
  • Members
  • 214 posts
  • Favorite Band:Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Iced Earth

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

Actually I think it depends on the trader. I mark my own recordings with "MASTER", the master copies with "from MASTER".
I've also seen "Copy of Master" or "[taper's name]'s Master".
So I guess it's up to you.

You're an Angel Witch, you're an Angel WItch...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Visit my trading page:
http://gergor.webs.com
Last update: 2013-02-17

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users