• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 WindrideR

WindrideR
  • Members
  • 112 posts
  • Favorite Band:Guns N' Roses, Anathema

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:57 AM

As the topic title says, can someone here recommend me a decent HP printer, that's not too expensive.
For A4 paper format.

It needs to be HP because I have a lot of HP color left from my previous printer and I'm not sure if I can use it with other labels.
... My DVD Trade Page ...

Signatures may not be larger than 400x150 pixels.

On this deadwinter's night. Darkness becomes this child.
Bless this night with a tear. For I have none I fear...

#2 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

Worlds Within The Margin

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:00 AM

You need to see what HP models that ink will work in (look on the side of the boxes) and then tell us and we can see if we can give you any advice.
Posted Image

#3 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:02 AM

HP? I don't think there are any "decent" products by Hewlett Packard. I have a piece-of-shit HP Pavilion dv5000 laptop and have tried HP printers before, which were also pieces of shit. And my HP LightScribe burner also quit working after about a month and they refused to replace it, even though it was still under warranty.

I recommend an Epson Stylus R320 printer. You might also take a look at this topic: http://www.bootlegco...php?showtopic=9

#4 WindrideR

WindrideR
  • Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:28 AM

HP? I don't think there are any "decent" products by Hewlett Packard. I have a piece-of-shit HP Pavilion dv5000 laptop and have tried HP printers before, which were also pieces of shit. And my HP LightScribe burner also quit working after about a month and they refused to replace it, even though it was still under warranty.

I recommend an Epson Stylus R320 printer. You might also take a look at this topic: http://www.bootlegco...php?showtopic=9

I checked that page, I have somehow missed it until now. When I bought that ink, 2 years ago, it was supposed to be for all HP printers. At least that's what the seller told me. I will see what is written on them when I come back from work.

#5 WindrideR

WindrideR
  • Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

Some paper from the bottles has been split off. On what is left of it, is says:
Jetti INK
High Performance Inks For: Lexmark, Canon, HP
Swiss made colors

So, I guess it's not only for HP :)

Any advice on which printers I can use it?

Btw, that Epson printer you mentioned costs 175 euros in Serbia. That's too expensive for me.

#6 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

Cost me $100 USD.

Out of Lexmark, Canon, and HP, I would suggest Lexmark, although I've had a Lexmark printer and it had a tendency to suck paper in sideways, thus bending it.

#7 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

Worlds Within The Margin

• Members
  • 746 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:30 AM

Plus too you really need to see what lexmark models the ink you have fits into. The cartridge size varies so much from printer to printer. I would suggest taking your ink to an office supply store and asking them to help you figure out what models from those brands that the ink will fit into.
Posted Image

#8 Anzlezz

Anzlezz

ON/STANDBY

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Favorite Band:QOTSA-Iron Maiden-Faith No More-Ween

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:45 PM

Mine HP photosmart 7760 has never caused me any problems. And for the covers i use a medium thickness glossy photo paper that dont become to wet of the ink, and dries pretty fast. Never any labels. I use a thin knife and a ruler to cut out the cover. A little more work but i dont mind.

#9 cobainist

cobainist
  • Banned
  • 27 posts
  • Favorite Band:nirvana

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:34 PM

I had to buy a new printer 5 or 6 months ago, I bought HP Photosmart C3180. It is a multifunction, practical for everyday use and good quality. I paid 63 euros.

#10 WindrideR

WindrideR
  • Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:49 PM

I had to buy a new printer 5 or 6 months ago, I bought HP Photosmart C3180. It is a multifunction, practical for everyday use and good quality. I paid 63 euros.

I've heard very different opinions about printers in general. Some say HP sucks while others say they
are the best. Same goes for Lexmark. One thing most people agree is that Canon is not bad :) and what you pay is what you get.

I've decided not to choose my next printer on base of the ink I have left.
When it comes to prices, Serbia is a very weird country! Our paychecks are smaller than the most European countries and prices are higher, which is insane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users