Jump to content

 

Blabbermouth.net

Member Since 22 May 2007
Offline Last Active Apr 28 2009 02:33 AM

Topics I've Started

It's Official: MÖTLEY CRÜE is Back!

18 November 2019 - 03:35 PM

Almost six years after signing a "cessation of touring" agreement, the MÖTLEY CRÜE contract is off the table because a whole new generation of Crüeheads are relentlessly demanding for the band to come back together. Following the huge success of their Netflix biopic "The Dirt", MÖTLEY CRÜE has seen a massive surge in new audience. And the band best known for breaking the rules has destroyed their cessation of touring contract in true MÖTLEY CRÜE fashion, by literally blowing it up.Watch the Destruction below.After 35 years together on stage, and 30 years since the release of "Dr. Feelgood", the members of MÖTLEY CRÜE parted ways without speaking to each other after their final show on December 31, 2015. Vince Neil, Nikki Sixx, Mick Mars and Tommy Lee didn't come together again until 2018 to participate in the making of "The Dirt" movie, which unexpectedly brought them closer together again including seeing them head back into the recording studio after having gone in their own directions for several years. The fuse was lit."Since playing Tommy Lee in 'The Dirt', so many of my fans have said how they wish they could've seen the real MÖTLEY CRÜE play live," said Colson Baker (a.k.a. Machine Gun Kelly). "I never thought I would see the day when this would become a reality. But the fans spoke and MÖTLEY CRÜE listened!"Sign up for text updates (U.S. only) by texting MotleyCrueIsBack to 855 580 CRÜE (2783) or sign up for email updates at www.motley.com to follow further developments and get breaking MÖTLEY CRÜE news first.According to Rolling Stone, MÖTLEY CRÜE will hit the road next year for a U.S. tour with fellow hard rock acts POISON and DEF LEPPARD. Sources have confirmed to the magazine that the three acts will perform at stadiums around the country.The Rolling Stone report comes just days after THE BLACK CROWES' manager, Mark DiDia of Red Light Management, stated during an appearance on "The Howard Stern Wrap-Up Show" that MÖTLEY CRÜE, DEF LEPPARD and POISON were teaming up for a 2020 tour.Last month, Radar Online reported that MÖTLEY CRÜE had been offered $150 million by Live Nation to reunite for a tour but only if Neil lost 40 pounds and got treatment. The report also claimed that Neil and Lee were locked in a war of words as they allegedly bickered over who should go to rehab first.A week later, Neil took to Twitter to quash the report, insisting that the rumors were false and claiming that he hadn't spoken to any of his bandmates since the March premiere of the film adaptation of their 2001 autobiography "The Dirt". "There is no tension between me and Tommy," he wrote. "Don't believe anything from these so-called gossip sites."POISON singer Bret Michaels has repeatedly stated in recent interviews that his band will return to the road in 2020 and he claimed he was "working real hard" to put together an "incredible" and "really awesome" package tour with other acts.Back in 2014, Sixx told Rolling Stone that MÖTLEY CRÜE couldn't legally play again after the completion of the farewell tour. "The only loophole is if all four Band Line-Up agreed to do it, we could override our own contract," he said. "But we know that will never happen. There are people in this band who will refuse to ever do it again, and you're talking to one of them. There is no amount of money that would ever make me do it again because I have such pride in how we’re ending it."If anybody ever — and I don't believe anybody ever would — would call any other bandmembers and say, 'Hey, it's been 10 years, let's just do 10 shows. A million a pop,' it could never happen unless all four bandmembers agreed," Sixx added. "And if we did agree, the way we've set it up — including this conversation right now — we'd have so much egg on our face. We have so much pride that that alone would stop it."After the members of MÖTLEY CRÜE reunited last year to record four new songs for "The Dirt" film, some fans assumed that the group would be open to the idea of playing together again at a special event to promote the movie. But Sixx shot down the idea earlier this year, telling Rolling Stone: "Sometimes I look out at my friends, like the guys in AEROSMITH and METALLICA, and I'm, like, 'God damn it, did we retire too soon?' But there will be no one-offs in our future. Maybe we'll just get together and jam in [guitarist] Mick Mars's front room."

Click here to view the full article.


Video: KING DIAMOND Performs In Baltimore

18 November 2019 - 10:38 AM

Fan-filmed video footage of KING DIAMOND's November 11 performance at the Modell Performing Arts Center at the Lyric in Baltimore, Maryland can be seen below.Earlier this month, KING DIAMOND released a new song called "Masquerade Of Madness". Mixed by Andy La Rocque and King Diamond at Sonic Train Studios, the track will appear on KING DIAMOND's first studio album in 12 years, "The Institute", which will be released in 2020 via Metal Blade Records.King Diamond commented: "'Masquerade Of Madness' is one of the first KING DIAMOND studio songs in a long time. It will be featured on a future two-album horror concept story, of which the first part is titled 'The Institute'."The style is very classic KING DIAMOND with lots of dynamics and limited amounts of compression to achieve very natural sounding vocals and instruments throughout the song. You'll find some complex orchestrations, including the typical choir works you're used to hearing from KING DIAMOND, and a special thought process bringing vocals back to the forefront: 'All vocals are lead vocals.'"Both Andy and I are presently working on several different songs with high potential for the upcoming album; all of which are absolute killers. We will continue this work when we're back from our North American tour in December, during which you can hear the live version of 'Masquerade Of Madness'. For now, we hope you'll enjoy the brand new studio version of 'Masquerade Of Madness'."This past March, King Diamond told Full Metal Jackie's nationally syndicated radio show that the next album from his namesake band will be "absolutely gruesome. The storyline is… well, it's in a way where I can't even put it into just one album," he said. "So, it has to be over two albums. And it's really planned out to work in a very special way with the show as well. So the show is being built right now in Denmark and it's built around that story, so that it really can go hand in hand. Right now, I already know how the production will develop for the next tour, after this tour, so that when we do part two of that story, I know how the whole thing ends, of course, already, and I know how the production is gonna change and how it's gonna be culminating in one very, very big thing. So it's a long project, several years. Actually, the next three years are gonna be very, very intense for us. There is a lot of things that is in the planning. Also, after we signed up with 5B [artist] management, a lot of good stuff is coming out of that, piece by piece. We are getting a plan that is gonna be amazing for our fans for the next three years — something that's gonna come that they would not expect, I think. So some very, very cool prospects."[The album] has something to do with parallel worlds and punishment, and other stuff like that. You'll see us torture our dear little Abigail on stage. It's part of the story; you'll see it. But it's great to be here enjoying life. And [my son] Byron, it's been almost two years now [since he was born], and it's incredible. But it hasn't changed me very much when it comes to what I stand for and the stories that's coming and the musical style that's coming. It's total, utter KING DIAMOND."KING DIAMOND's next album is said to be a story set in a 1920s mental institution. "I chose that because I think it's a very creepy scenario," King told Full Metal Jackie. "And the thing is that I know that somebody has talked about that, but that's not the setting, actually. There's a lot of other things involved, but the setting looks as if it was a 1920s asylum — that's exactly what it looks like. And some of the things that go on that we're gonna show onstage is also things that certainly was going on back then, when medicine was beginning to take a beneficial turn in history and actually being able to help human beings live longer. But there was some experimentation going on, too, that was absolutely gruesome. Some of that is involved in the story, but it's something totally different. Once you get to the second part of the story, you will begin to suddenly understand that, 'What the hell is going on here? What is this really about?' 'Cause there's a whole different story that will not come to you till second part. But in the first part, you're gonna get to know a lot people at a certain place."Instead of telling the story — it's way too much — but some of it takes place here, this world, and some of it takes place in a parallel world. And there's a correlation between what happened to me and what happens to some people in this place and where they suddenly appear. And you will find out why they are there, how they appear there and the places down the road. I won't say too much right now, but it's gonna be very creepy."KING DIAMOND received a Grammy nomination in the "Best Metal Performance" category for the track "Never Ending Hill" off the band's last album, 2007's "Give Me Your Soul … Please"."Give Me Your Soul ... Please" sold 4,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 174 on The Billboard 200 chart.KING DIAMOND released a DVD/Blu-ray, "Songs For The Dead Live", in January via Metal Blade Records. The set captures 1987's seminal "Abigail" album in its entirety, twice, and in very different locales: Belgium's Graspop Metal Meeting in June 2016 and Philadelphia's Fillmore in November 2015. The performances feature KING DIAMOND's current band, comprising of guitarists Andy LaRocque and Mike Wead, bassist Pontus Egberg and drummer Matt Thompson.

Click here to view the full article.


KISS To Play Concert For Great White Sharks Without PAUL STANLEY

17 November 2019 - 07:53 AM

KISS's previously announced concert for great white sharks will go ahead without the band's frontman, Paul Stanley.Although KISS has canceled its Australian farewell tour after Stanley was diagnosed with a bad case of the flu, the legendary rockers will still perform under the sea for great white sharks and eight fans separated from them by a small submarine.After KISS and its fans travel aboard separate boats off the coast of Port Lincoln in South Australia, the band will stay above board on one vessel, and the fans will be lowered beneath the surface of the water from a second boat into the viewing sub in an area known for shark activity.Tour group Adventure Bay Charters said: "Due to band member Paul Stanley's illness, KISS concert promoters One World Entertainment and TEG Live announced the tour was cancelled. We are sorry to hear this news that many fans lost the opportunity to join KISS last road trip concert, and we wish the best for Paul Stanley and a speedy recovery."We are glad to announce that we will keep hosting KISS concert for the remaining Band Line-Up, the shark trip will still go Monday, the Ocean will rock&roll! 8 lucky customers will jump on our shark warrior, using our unique underwater sub, enjoy a KISS live concert and Great White Sharks!"When the concert was first announced, Stanley told Rolling Stone that he and his bandmates were intrigued at the suggestion."Airbnb approached us with this idea that sounded, quite frankly, a little weird, but we're used to being approached with things that are a little weird," he said. "I've played for a lot of land sharks. Now I finally get a chance to play for the ocean varieties."KISS was forced to cancel the Australian leg of its "End Of The Road" world tour due to Stanley's ongoing illness.Just days after rescheduling the start of the tour, KISS scrapped all of this month's shows and the rescheduled Perth concert on December 3.KISS's shark concert this month will mark only the fourth time the band has performed as a trio. KISS previously played as a three-piece in 1982 when original guitarist Ace Frehley reportedly refused to show up during a lip-synced performance of "I" from Studio 54, broadcast via satellite to the Sanremo Festival in Italy; in 2007 when a heart issue caused Stanley to be rushed to the hospital prior to KISS's concert at the Soboba Casino in San Jacinto, California; and in 2016, when Stanley missed a charity show after tearing a bicep.

Click here to view the full article.


MÖTLEY CRÜE Fuels Reunion Rumors By Promoting Online Petition

16 November 2019 - 08:38 AM

MÖTLEY CRÜE has fueled rumors of a possible reunion by promoting an online petition asking the group to come back.In 2015, MÖTLEY CRÜE completed "The Final Tour", closing the book on the band's iconic career after performing a total of 164 shows in 72 markets, grossing over $100 million.To cement the sense of finality, the four members of MÖTLEY CRÜE in 2014 publicly signed a "cessation of touring" contract that prevents any of them from performing under the CRÜE name in the future.On Friday, MÖTLEY CRÜE's official Twitter account shared a link to a Change.org petition started by "Motley Mann", and included the following brief message: "This is interesting…"In the petition, which was launched four days ago, "Motley Mann" writes: "After breaking the replay button on 'The Dirt' film, it is clear to me that the only way to fulfill my urge for the CRÜE is for you guys to get back on the road. I know it's not just me with this opinion; your movie has once again put you in the spotlight and built an entire new generation of Crüeheads who have a NATURAL BORN RIGHT to see you on stage. If the rumors circulating about a MÖTLEY CRÜE comeback are true, then let this petition solidify it. The new fans need a new tour, PLEASE COME BACK."MÖTLEY CRÜE's tweet comes just days after THE BLACK CROWES' manager, Mark DiDia of Red Light Management, reportedly stated during an appearance on "The Howard Stern Wrap-Up Show" that MÖTLEY CRÜE, DEF LEPPARD and POISON were teaming up for a 2020 tour."There's a MÖTLEY CRÜE / POISON / DEF LEPPARD tour coming, there's a RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE... AC/DC's coming," DiDia reportedly said. "There's a lot of rock coming out next year. God bless Drake and Billie Eilish and all that, they're streaming music and they have a lot of followers. Rock doesn't stream, but there's a thing that's happening. I think people miss guitars and bass and drums."Last month, Radar Online reported that MÖTLEY CRÜE had been offered $150 million by Live Nation to reunite for a tour but only if singer Vince Neil lost 40 pounds and got treatment. The report also claimed that Neil and drummer Tommy Lee were locked in a war of words as they allegedly bickered over who should go to rehab first.A week later, Neil took to Twitter to quash the report, insisting that the rumors were false and claiming that he hadn't spoken to any of his bandmates since the March premiere of the film adaptation of their 2001 autobiography "The Dirt". "There is no tension between me and Tommy," he wrote. "Don't believe anything from these so-called gossip sites."POISON singer Bret Michaels has repeatedly stated in recent interviews that his band will return to the road in 2020 and he claimed he was "working real hard" to put together an "incredible" and "really awesome" package tour with other acts.After the members of MÖTLEY CRÜE reunited last year to record four new songs for "The Dirt" film, some fans assumed that the group would be open to the idea of playing together again at a special event to promote the movie. But bassist Nikki Sixx shot down the idea earlier this year, telling Rolling Stone: "Sometimes I look out at my friends, like the guys in AEROSMITH and METALLICA, and I'm, like, 'God damn it, did we retire too soon?' But there will be no one-offs in our future. Maybe we'll just get together and jam in [guitarist] Mick Mars's front room."

Click here to view the full article.


SHARON OSBOURNE: OZZY 'Used To Dress Up For Me'

15 November 2019 - 09:40 PM

Ozzy Osbourne's wife says that he "used to dress up" in evening wear for her.Sharon Osbourne made the revelation during a discussion on her daytime TV talk show "The Talk" about couples engaging in "sex bartering" with their partners.After co-host Eve confessed, "I don't like the bartering kind of control part, but I do like the game part. Like, I think that can be fun," Sharon asked her, "Do you like to dress up?" "Well, sometimes. We have a thing where he has coupons," remarked Eve. "My husband used to dress up for me," said Osbourne. "He would dress up in evening wear. He would be like a waiter and he'd have like a beautiful white tie on, with no trousers, holding a tray and he'd say, 'Can I help you, madam?' And I'm, like, 'Yeees!'"After Ozzy's affair with celebrity hairstylist Michelle Pugh was made public in May 2016, he underwent therapy for sex addiction. Sharon and Ozzy later reconciled and they even renewed their vows.In 2017, Sharon told the British paper The Telegraph that Ozzy wasn't cheating with just one woman. "There were six of them," she said. "Some fucking Russian teenager... then a masseuse in England... our masseuse out here in Los Angeles... and then our cook. He had women in different countries. Basically, if you're a woman giving Ozzy either a back rub or a trolley of food, God help you."Sharon talked about how she learned of his affairs. "We were sitting on the couch watching telly; Ozzy on one couch and me on the other," she said. "And suddenly, he sends me this e-mail. 'Why did you send me this stupid e-mail?' I asked, and when Ozzy told me that he hadn't sent me anything, I grabbed his phone and said, 'Look!' And, of course, it was a message meant for one of his bloody women."

Click here to view the full article.


Copyright © 2019 Your Company Name