• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 celtic

celtic
  • Ultra Supporters
  • 968 posts
  • Favorite Band:Guns N' Roses

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:18 PM

I recently received 2 dvdr's of shows in flac file format. I always use a program called Traders Little Helper to decode these flac files to wav files. But when I go to decode these from flac to wav the files are there on the dvdr, but there is no flac's in the files to select to decode. Anybody any idea why that is??
Yet if I open the dvdr's the flac's are on the dvdr.
Posted Image
Nice Boys Dont Play Rock N' Roll

#2 WLR

WLR
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:55 AM

Might be a glitch in the software. Have you tried dbPoweramp of Foobar2000? Or use the stand-alone FLAC decoder. Also check the files with traders little helper and see if there are any errors.

#3 Anzlezz

Anzlezz

ON/STANDBY

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Favorite Band:QOTSA-Iron Maiden-Faith No More-Ween

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:04 AM

If you're able to copy your dvdr flacs to a folder on your pc you could try to decode them from there.

#4 celtic

celtic
  • Ultra Supporters
  • 968 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:14 PM

Tried all the above guys and still nothing in the show files to convert when you try to convert with dbPoweramp or Traders Little Helper. But their on the dvdr. Some sort of flac files at least.
Posted Image

#5 Anzlezz

Anzlezz

ON/STANDBY

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Favorite Band:QOTSA-Iron Maiden-Faith No More-Ween

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

Some sort of flac? Could it be ape or shn then? Try to use nero and burn a cdr disc. Just drag and drop the orginal files and nero will automaticly decode to wave while burning.
Since you got the shows on a dvdr, the files might be 24bit 96khz but that should not be the problem here. But if you want to burn a cdr you have to downsample to 16bit 44.1khz.
Or the format could maybe be mispelled. Should be like 01 Title.flac not 01.Title.flac. That will make a unknown format for any program since . marks what format it is and therefore any other .'s will confuse.

#6 celtic

celtic
  • Ultra Supporters
  • 968 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:08 PM

Or the format could maybe be mispelled. Should be like 01 Title.flac not 01.Title.flac. That will make a unknown format for any program since . marks what format it is and therefore any other .'s will confuse.

It's the format mispell. The tracks read example 01___Title.flac I guess that makes it an unknown format for any program like you said. They ___ works the same as the extra . as you suggested and confuses the program.

Thanks for the help.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users