41 replies to this topic

#1 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:40 PM

We've had problems with two different members now who have created second accounts with the intention of gaining more requests per month.

These are the rules:

Please only request one cover at a time. When your first request is finished, then you may post another topic. Members may only post 4 requests per month, Supporters may post 8, and Super Supporters may post an unlimited amount. If you would like to know more about increasing the number of covers you're allowed to request, please visit this page. Remember, everyone who makes artwork here does so voluntarily and we limit the requests so that we can make covers for everyone who wants them. In the past, some disrepectful people have attempted to gain more requests per month by registering new accounts. If we catch you doing this, you will be permanently banned from the BootlegCoverArt.com website and forum. Treat the artists and other members with respect and we'll be sure to make you some cool artwork for your bootleg collection.

From now on, email addresses and IP addresses will be routinely checked. Anyone who creates multiple accounts to gain more requests will be permanently banned from the website and forum. It's not fair to the people who make artwork, or the other people who also want to request artwork; it will not be tolerated.

#2 botus99

botus99

Dances With Manitees

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Favorite Band:Dream Theater

Posted 08 August 2006 - 06:25 PM

sounds fair to me ^_^
Posted Image

#3 Antero

Antero
  • Members
  • 382 posts
  • Favorite Band:Pearl Jam / Nirvana / The Doors

Posted 08 August 2006 - 11:28 PM

sounds good!
Antero

Trade List: www.anteroboots.com

#4 Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Dreaming Neon Black

• Staff
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:56 PM

Yes, I would like to remind all of you that we make all this covers because we LOVE to do it, but at the same time we want you to keep in mind that we take some of our free time to help each and everyone of you get the covers you want. We don't ask for nothing in return except a little bit of patience. Having this kind of problem not only makes us feel angry and dissapointed due to the fact that it's very disrespectful and it can also create an atmosphere that we do not need/want to have in here. More important, this kind of behaviour could lead to us taking drastic measures that could involve everyone in here. So let's keep it clean and let's enjoy what BCA offers to all of us, because at the end we all want to have a place where we can get our bootlegs all pimped out to look amazingly good at our homes...I know I do ;)
Posted Image
DVD Bootleg List | Trade Status: OFF

#5 Antero

Antero
  • Members
  • 382 posts
  • Favorite Band:Pearl Jam / Nirvana / The Doors

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:53 AM

Agreed!!!
Antero

Trade List: www.anteroboots.com

#6 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:55 PM

Another member was banned today for using multiple accounts.

We are serious about this rule, and we do check IP addresses. We have a lot of requests each month and are happy to make them for people, but being greedy and creating multiple accounts just so you can have more artwork made is a huge disrespect to our cover artists and other members who do follow the rules, and especially the members who have donated in order to be able to post more requests.

#7 botus99

botus99

Dances With Manitees

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Favorite Band:Dream Theater

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:46 PM

Sheesh, the nerve of some people *shakes head*
Posted Image

#8 Elmoz

Elmoz

You can do it your own way, If it's done just how i say.

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:55 PM

also remember the artist do this for free, in their free time, we only ask to be patient and 2 request per member. we dont aks for money for the covers in return. we only ask for your patiente. and creating two account is just disrespectful for our staff

if you are a member and run out of request, you can always contact spawn to become a supporter which give us money to keep the forum and gallery running, and you also get more requests.

#9 AlexanderDeLarge

AlexanderDeLarge

MegaArtist

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Favorite Band:Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Megadeth, Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:21 PM

Can't believe those people :angry:
PLAY IT LOUD MUTHA!

MY TRADE SITE

Metal Devastation - Metal traders forum
Posted Image

#10 hokkah420666

hokkah420666

The Trend is over

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Favorite Band:pantera,slipknot,nine inch nails,tool,chimaira,devildriver

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:25 AM

man that sucks why is there always gotta be some dickhead who tries to ruin it for everyone else.
my bootleg list i am currently OPEN for all trades

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users