• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mazdago

Mazdago
  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • Favorite Band:King Diamond

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

I've been away for way too long, but came back with a question...

I've seen cover previews, where some program creates a preview, with jewel case, from the artwork you give. Hope you get my idea. This can be useful for this site, but the main reason I ask about this is my band, Dirge Eternal. We're still a small band, but trying to get on. And one thing that helps is professional adverts and banners. I have seen on bigger bands pages how they have their cd's pictured in jewel cases, digipacks etc. even they aren't ready yet. And I've seen similar previews here about DVD and CD covers. I'd like to boost our look with this, can someone help me, since Google can't. Thanks already!

Incase you want to learn more about my band, go see our site or FB page
www.dirge-eternal.com
http://listn.to/dirgeeternal

This is King Diamond, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden etc. inspired traditional heavy metal with horror theme and orchestrations to boost the feeling.

#2 damage jackal

damage jackal
  • Staff
  • 814 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

If I understood your question correctly, the program you are looking for is IMANDIX.

#3 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

IMANDIX Cover Pro is what we typically use to make 3D cover previews.

http://www.imandix.com

You can also download case templates from deviantart and paste your covers into them (example). They're a little more fancy, but of course don't have as many options as IMANDIX and you'll need Photoshop.

#4 Mazdago

Mazdago
  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • Favorite Band:King Diamond

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

Thank you! This is just what I was looking for. Only thing is, I didn't mention that I'm using Mac. This is a windows program. I'll search for Mac version or try to get this to work. If I remember correctly, win programs can be used with mac, but I haven't done it...

#5 damage jackal

damage jackal
  • Staff
  • 814 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:57 AM

Yeah, with WINE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users