25 replies to this topic

#1 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:49 AM

The forum has been upgraded to the latest version and has a new look. You can change the skin colors by clicking the paint brush icon in the top right corner of the page. The artwork gallery will be updated soon with a matching theme.

If you find any bugs here on the forum please report them to me.

Something new is that cover requests will no longer be tracked by staff. Instead, when you donate for a supporter package the corresponding number of requests will be credited as points to your account. Points will automatically be deducted when you post request topics in the appropriate forums. In the future, we hope to have the ability to earn points by posting new discussion topics and replies. You can keep track of the number of points you currently have by viewing your profile or by looking under your avatar in posts:

Attached File  cover_request_points_example.jpg   89.7KB   10 downloads

Also, the way cover requests are visually maintained has been updated. All members can now manage the status of their request by editing the first post of their topic and selecting the appropriate status (Artwork Request, Request Taken, Done, and Update Needed). When posting a new request topic, "Artwork Request" will be selected by default.

Attached File  topic_prefixes_example.jpg   100.1KB   10 downloads

#2 Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Dreaming Neon Black

• Staff
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Good job, LOVE the notification system and how easy is to change the look.
Posted Image
DVD Bootleg List | Trade Status: OFF

#3 Crocster

Crocster
  • Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

Sweet when i couldn't get on yesterday, i thought someone had hacked the site again. Good work guys

#4 gergor

gergor
  • Members
  • 214 posts
  • Favorite Band:Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Iced Earth

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

First of all: Really great work guys, I really like the new design - though I was slightly confused by it in the beginning ;).

But there's one thing I was just wondering about:

In the future, we hope to have the ability to earn points by posting new discussion topics and replies.

An attempt to revive BCA as a forum for music nerds, who collect some weird stuff?
I mean, the discussion topics are virtually dead and the only conversation here is reduced to "Some artwork please!" "Done!" "Thanks!" (Ok, I'm doing the same thing, shame on me!).

You're an Angel Witch, you're an Angel WItch...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Visit my trading page:
http://gergor.webs.com
Last update: 2013-02-17

#5 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

In the future, we hope to have the ability to earn points by posting new discussion topics and replies.

An attempt to revive BCA as a forum for music nerds, who collect some weird stuff?
I mean, the discussion topics are virtually dead and the only conversation here is reduced to "Some artwork please!" "Done!" "Thanks!" (Ok, I'm doing the same thing, shame on me!).

Yes, but it also gives all members the ability to request covers without having to donate. The ongoing discussion topics will help the site look more alive and encourage new members to join.

#6 damage jackal

damage jackal
  • Staff
  • 814 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:52 AM

How do you change the number of posts/topics per page?

#7 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

How do you change the number of posts/topics per page?

The option to let users change the number of topics/posts per page was taken away in the latest release of IPB. I know a lot of people are upset about that decision, so hopefully they'll bring it back.

#8 damage jackal

damage jackal
  • Staff
  • 814 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

This is my opinion, but if most people agree to set the board defaults to 20 topics per forum page and 10 posts per topic page.

#9 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

I had it set to 30 topics because sometimes we get overloaded with request topics, and I don't like so few posts per page. I've lowered it to 25 topics and 15 posts.

#10 damage jackal

damage jackal
  • Staff
  • 814 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

I'd guess there isn't per-user option to change the font?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users