• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 leftyjlaj

leftyjlaj
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • Favorite Band:Aaron Lewis

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:44 PM

Does anyone use this program? It came with my DVD burner and Ive heard great things about it. It works good for me. I even use it to print out my DVD covers. I want to do the stomps now but I had some questions. Hopefully someone one here uses it or has enough knowledge to help me out.

what kind of paper do I need to get? - I know that in the Nero program it has one disc space to put a picture in it but all of the paper comes with 2 disc spots on it. How does this affect it?

and will I need any software besides Nero? - I was reading up on it online and read some things about needing software to use some of the paper. But that was a review and I dont know if they have Nero too, or they were just bitching.

I hope my questions made sense. Once I get the hang of it, it will be easy for me, but I want to go get paper and get this thing started.
CLICK SIGNATURE TO ENTER THE BOOTLEG MATRIX
Posted Image
Signature kindly designed by Kat

#2 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:05 PM

I use Nero all the time, but not for printing covers or burning LightScribe disc stomps. For those things, I use CoverXP and Droppix Label Maker Deluxe respectively.

You mean those stickers you put on discs? The paper comes with two disc spots, but you use the paper twice--so you can get two stomps from one sheet of paper. However, printing onto those stickers is really inaccurate. It's damn near impossible to get the printer calibrated right so that the stomps are printed exactly on the middle of the disc, and also the extra weight of the stickers makes discs wear out faster. It's not really a recommended practice. Printable discs and LightScribe discs are much, much better (and LightScribe is cheaper in the long run, because it doesn't use any ink).

#3 leftyjlaj

leftyjlaj
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:31 PM

yeah. i meant that kind of paper. i just cant figure out how im going to put the paper in there and get ONE disc stomp to go on either of the TWO disc spots on the paper.
Posted Image

#4 Guest_Kat_*

Guest_Kat_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:39 AM

I never used Nero to print any stomps, never really printed on stomp labels at all to be honest, as what Spawn said about them is damn true. I either use Lightscribe or printable discs if any at all, most of the time I just write on the DVDs... how sad is that for a cover artist?

Anyway, Nero should offer you to select the labels you are using if it has an option for stomps. If not, you need to get another programme, I use SureThing CD Labeler, which prints to labels, discs and supports Lightscribe. Maybe that would be an option for you?

#5 leftyjlaj

leftyjlaj
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:21 AM

haha. a cover artist.... writing on dvds??? lol. its cool. im sure eventually i will end up doing that. but i just got a new printer and its like a toy. it will get old eventually.

and going to look at both programs you guys suggested now.

thanks again. ;)
Posted Image

#6 leftyjlaj

leftyjlaj
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:39 PM

for anyone using nero or any other software. is there a way to take a dvd of a show and put the contents onto your computer to upload and send someone a link? hope this question makes sense.
Posted Image

#7 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:24 PM

You can always just drag and drop the contents of the DVD to get the VIDEO_TS folder, or you could use Nero to burn an image file of the disc's contents onto your hard drive.

#8 leftyjlaj

leftyjlaj
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:56 PM

cool. ill try that.

you guys were right though. i bought some disc stomp sticker paper and it is impossible to get it lined up right. frustrating as hell. you would think with todays technology they could figure out a way to line it up right. i guess ill have to try out the lightscrib printers.
Posted Image

#9 leftyjlaj

leftyjlaj
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:40 AM

so nero shit the bed. for some reason the last few dvds i have attempted to make have come out bad. the audio and video are like a second apart, so there is a delay. this has happened with different shows too.

does anyone have any suggestions? should i uninstall it, then reinstall it?

would that even work? could it be my dvd burner? it dont think it is cause i downloaded another software for burning dvds and it didnt have the delay. BUT it wouldnt let me make a menu or create chapters, and when i tried to play it back in a dvd player it said there are no playback options on this disc.

does anyone know of any good programs that i can make menus, create chapters and burn dvds?

this is very frustrating because my harddrive doesnt have a whole lot of memory so i put stuff on disc as soon as i download it. so this has stopped my downloading... and i just cant have that.

thanks in advance for the help.
Posted Image

#10 Guest_Kat_*

Guest_Kat_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:20 PM

I hardly ever use Nero at all, since it is shit as you said. I haven't bothered to get a copy of V.8 since V.7 annoyed to the max with fucking up burning MP3s to audio CD (I never take the original CD with me in the car, since they get thrown around, I always use burn the songs off I-Tunes, so they are MP3 I have to convert... and Nero 7 always fucked them up). For audio and data I always use CDBurnerXP, Freeware, easy to use and just as "good" as Nero, but without the bugs. When burning DVD content that is not in ISO format, I have IMGBurn create an ISO image first, then queue a few DVDs in IMGBurn and burn them...

About authoring, as in creating chapters and menus, what exactly do you want to do? If it is just simple shit, like a plain background and some text links, I suggest TMPEG DVD Author... It is of no use if you want complex, nice looking menus, extras, multiple audio, whatever, but it is easy to use and works for basic stuff. If you want to go more advanced on authoring, there is no way you can go without either DVD-lab (my personal fav), Adobe Encore or Sony DVD Architect. Both lab and Encore support layered Photoshop PSDs, I don't know about Architect, never used it.

Let me know if you need further assistance... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users