What music did you grow up on?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_crotchy_*

Guest_crotchy_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:16 PM

I think this topic could be intresting..

State how old you are/DOB and your first recollections of albums

19 years old 09/06/88

In 1998-2000 were my first few recollections would have been 10-12 years old

Listened to:
Offspring - Americana
(hed)pe - Broke
Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine

These albums have stated with me for life..allways albums I can comeback to..

#2 Guest_nothingface_*

Guest_nothingface_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:16 AM

I got brought up on shit like Metallica, Poison, Alice coper, Mötley Crüe, all the old school 80's rock bands haha..bring back memories.

I'm 24 by the way ;)

#3 Borlag

Borlag
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Favorite Band:Dream Theater & Deep Purple

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:37 AM

Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Nazareth...that sort of stuff

30 in few months
Posted Image

#4 Guest_Vincspenc_*

Guest_Vincspenc_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:40 PM

I can't even remember all the bands I listen now. How am I supposed to know what I used to hear when I was younger?

#5 friend01

friend01
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • Favorite Band:Led Zeppelin

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:45 PM

i'm 32 now. i remember when i was like 5 years old my father used to give me his old scratched records. there was cool stuff like led zeppelin, mc 5 and uriah heep and not so cool stuff (for me at that time) like ike and tina turner or joe cocker best of. but when i was like 7 years old i bought my first kiss button (cover from the gene simmons solo lp) before i even owned a single kiss record. so a week later i bought the gene simmons solo lp. and guess what? it sucked...but i wanted it to be good. i bought some other kiss records like alive II and they rocked. so i stayed with kiss a few years. later i moved over to ozzy osbourne, a little bit warlock, some ratt. and then....i bought my first metal hammer in 1985. there was a slayer interview in it when they played that festival in belgium. that guys looked heavy as shit. so i got show no mercy and my whole listening experience started into a new era.....

#6 WindrideR

WindrideR
  • Members
  • 112 posts
  • Favorite Band:Guns N' Roses, Anathema

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:13 AM

I grow up mostly listening to Guns N' Roses and some metal bands.
... My DVD Trade Page ...

Signatures may not be larger than 400x150 pixels.

On this deadwinter's night. Darkness becomes this child.
Bless this night with a tear. For I have none I fear...

#7 columbusdecanter

columbusdecanter
  • Banned
  • 44 posts
  • Favorite Band:Meat Puppets, Local H, Mary Timony, Nada Surf

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:59 PM

im 25 but started really liking music when i was 11 or 12. I grew up listening to stuff like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains... mostly that 90's rock scene.

#8 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

Hmm...well, I grew up on Michael Bolton, Celine Dion, Journey, and pretty much all country music. Then it went into Britney Spears, Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock. Now I listen to Metallica, Tool, and many other bands. I guess i have a diverse taste in music, but metal (not new metal bullshit) is my favorite genre.

I'll be 20 in October.

#9 Guest_Dassarri_*

Guest_Dassarri_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:22 PM

I'm an 88er. I listened exclusively to the Beatles until about seventh grade, when I discovered Led Zeppelin. From there it went to Metallica and all of my current interests. The music most often playing in my house, though, was Pink Floyd. I knew lyrics to the Wall before I knew English (it's my second language. I'm not implying that a toddler version of me was singing In the Flesh).

#10 Guest_jibben_*

Guest_jibben_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:35 AM

I guess i was around 10-11 year when i start to listen to AC/DC Motörhead etc and in the beginning of the 80`s after i bought Venoms Black Metal lp i start to listen to more extreme metal Venom Slayer Metallica(r.i.p) Bathory and i am still into Black/Death metal Marduk Darkthrone Bestial Mockery Dismember Vital Remains and stuff like that and i guess i still be listening to metal till the day i die I am 38 year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users