Skynyrd,
Who... etc
... (The base of all music I now like)

Early on... 7-10
Run DMC,
The Fat Boys,
Prince,
Michael Jackson,
... (I was trying to find myself, who knows!!)

Then around 10...
NWA,
Eazy E,
2 Live Crew,
Beastie Boys,
Guns N Roses,
Metallica,
Anthrax
... (guess I was a poser!! haha)

Then about 14 on...
Cypress Hill,
House of Pain,
Still Guns N Roses
Still Metallica
Then... KoRn... can remember when Blind first was out. :blink:

#12 daveprince37

daveprince37
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:48 PM

mostly rock Not Pop but for the name s of the band etc...

KISS
Anthrax,
Metallica
Maiden
Journey
Danger Danger
Little Angels...

then Sepultura
Machine Head

#13 Guest_squire23_*

Guest_squire23_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:39 PM

Grew up on....

Beatles
Springsteen
Dylan
CCR
Elton John (the good stuff)
Rory Gallagher

#14 spaceape

spaceape

The Wretched Chosen One

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • Favorite Band:Skinny Puppy / Tool

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:12 AM

I am 38. Grew up on Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Ac/DC, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, mostly metal and classic rock, then I got into some punk, like DK, some new wave, some rap (mostly gangsta rap) and then industrial (Skinny Puppy and Einsturzende Neubauten will always be my top 2 bands) and even goth.

Best part was getting to see Metallica at Nassau Coliseum open for Ozzy on the Master of Puppets tour with Cliff shortly before he left us. Also very grateful I got to see Sublime a few onths before Brad left us.

#15 Kabal

Kabal
  • Banned
  • 12 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 24 September 2007 - 08:40 AM

when i was young (7-10) the most popular music in my country was DISCO POLO (today its a shame:P)
after 10 i was listening some polish rock bands
when I was 11,5 I liked to listen .... 2pac :P:P coz everybody in my town was listening this shit:P
and then, when I was almost 13 I saw in TV Metallica's S&M show from San Francisco :)
It was In December 1999 :)
And today I Am one of greatest Metallica's fan ever! :)
Posted Image

#16 Guest_Dusan_*

Guest_Dusan_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:57 PM

Born in April 1982

Early on 7-10
My parents slovak folk bands :)
Roxette
Tublatanka (slovak rock band)
Metalinda (slovak rock band)

Around 10
all previous +
Kabat (czech famous rock band)
Iron Maiden
Helloween
Slayer

after 14 to this time
Metallica
Death
Gravworm
Dimmu Borgir
Cradle Of FIlth
Catamenia
etc.. (Many death/black/tharsh metal bands)

#17 Anzlezz

Anzlezz

ON/STANDBY

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Favorite Band:QOTSA-Iron Maiden-Faith No More-Ween

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:06 PM

Well, youngsters...The first two albums I really kicked on and bought myself(with my mothers money :lol: ) was Mötley Crüe's Shout at the Devil and T.N.T.'s Knihts Of The New Thunder. My older sister influenced my taste too and from her collection I got my ears into Deep Purple(In rock). Dio(Rainbow, Black Sabbath and of course the elf himself), AC/DC, Kiss, Accept, Scorpions, Saxon and many others. Then I discovered this amazing band called IRON MADIEN and I was hooked. Early and late 80's bands came and went but some was to be around like Metallica, Helloween, Megadeth and a few others(The 80' were great and I grow horns and see read every time anyone mentions the bad taste in music of that era thinking about the pop and disco and never mentions the great metal scene.ABBA and Kate Bush were great though. As we said back then: Heavy's for Heroes, Synthz' for zeroes...). Latest 80's and early 90's came around with a very big disappointment(bad albums from my once heroes) in the metal scene and I stared to search around and got really into(re-discovered and digged myself through their material) Led Zeppelin, Rush, The Who, Zappa and a lot of other 70's great rock bands, an of course the english punk scene. Then came a new punk scene from Seattle which some I liked and some not. At that time there was two spectaculary bands with their own sound that messed my head up and those were RHCP and Faith No More (and i discovered SLAYER!). Some of this bands is still ALIVE and some have their dignity(from my point of view)...What else to mention about the 90's? Yes, TOOL, Type 0 Netive, Rammstein, Dream Theater, Ween and maybee a few others. Late 90's and till now is the most interesting scene in any genere of rock/metal scene in a long time mention QOTSA(a absolute favourite), The White Stripes, Muse, Nightwish and several other bands that have to proove that they're got something...

#18 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

Worlds Within The Margin

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:25 AM

And I get to call you a youngster as I date back further than you.

The first albums (actual LPs) I bought were Tony DeFranco, and KC and the Sunshine Band. I quickly grew out of that I got into Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Kiss... all the hard rock/metal bands of the 70s. I remember saving up my allowance to get $5 to go get the new Zepplin or Stones albums. Ha ha.
Posted Image

#19 Guest_Kat_*

Guest_Kat_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:14 PM

I grew up on my brother's music, as he is 9 years older, so when I was a kid it was all that nice 80's synthie stuff like Depeche, Styx (I still LOVE Mr. Roboto), Alphaville, Kraftwerk, EuRhythmics and all the "Neue Deutsche Welle" stuff (dunno if there is an english term in use). I really discovered my own taste in music when I was 11, in summer 1987 to be exact. My brother came home with a scary looking album having a woman raped by a robot on the cover and had a whiny voice na-na-na-na-na-na-na-knees-knees blearing from his room all afternoon. I was stunned and lost from that point on. Metallica followed a year later, with the release of AJFA and I never really lost my dedication for those bands.

I listened to a lot of different bands all the time and still do. You could always find everything from Beethoven to Slayer if you check my CD collection.

32 in February...

#20 celtic

celtic
  • Ultra Supporters
  • 968 posts
  • Favorite Band:Guns N' Roses

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

I started out listening to bands like Poison and Def Leppard. The first two cassettes I bought were Poison's "Open Up and Say...Ahh!" and "Hysteria" by Def Leppard. Then one day while visiting my grandmothers I found GNR "Appetite For Destruction" on a shelf, which belonged to my Uncle, I stuck it in the cassette player and I was blown away,he gave me the cassette, in fact I still have it and ever since GNR have been my favourite band and I think always will be. After that I got into Bands like Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Pearl Jam , Black Crowes etc through the internet and friends. I have a varied collection of cd's, but the bands mentioned above make up the most of it.
Posted Image
Nice Boys Dont Play Rock N' Roll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users