• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Borlag

Borlag
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Favorite Band:Dream Theater & Deep Purple

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:37 PM

Hi, I'd love if someone could help me with artwork for this DVD. The official site for Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush can be found at http://www.mahoganyrush.com, there's also picture galleries with photos, band logo and such can also be found there.

Band: Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush
Date: July 9th 2001
City: Montreal, Canada
Venue: Le Petit Cafe Campus
Type: Audience shot
Screen Format: NTSC DVD

Setlist:
Band Member Introductions
He's Calling
Red House
Ordinary Man
Avalon
Bass Solo
Drum Solo
Avalon (continued)

Thanks in advance :)
Posted Image

#2 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

Worlds Within The Margin

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:14 AM

I'll take this request. I have NO clue who Frank Marino is. Do you have any good websites to use for info? And do you have any screen shots for the cover. Thanks.

I have one BCA request and a Metallica Cover to make on MCA prior to this one, so give me till the weekend or early next week to fill it. Thanks.
Posted Image

#3 Borlag

Borlag
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:07 AM

Pretty much the only website of him is the official site. Back in the 70's the press labeled him as Hendrix reincarnated, in the 80's they labeled him as the fastest guitarist around, by late 80's they simply didn't acknowledge his existance at all, despite him gigging extensively around the world. The music has been described as progressive blues based rock, I'd say that the description is pretty spot on though needs the added "jam-based" inserted there somewhere as this band is all about jamming on stage.

I have no screenshots at the moment but I can get some :)
Posted Image

#4 Metal Up Your Ass!

Metal Up Your Ass!

Violence, terror, raging waters...

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Favorite Band:ACID to XENTRIX & All Points Between

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:05 PM

Hello....
Hey I know Frank Marino's music.
He was actually the Headliner at the very first concert I ever saw, when I was a kid, along with ANGEL & HUMBLE PIE waaaaaay back in 1980.
I have seen him a couple times since then, although it's been years since the last time I saw him.
Anyway, I'd like to give this one a shot...

#5 Metal Up Your Ass!

Metal Up Your Ass!

Violence, terror, raging waters...

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Favorite Band:ACID to XENTRIX & All Points Between

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:47 PM

Hey,
I went ahead and did this one and uploaded it a couple minutes ago...I hope you like it!
If not Harmony Havoc can still do one :)

#6 Borlag

Borlag
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 12:10 PM

Looks good :) All I had was a generic white border black text sheet for it. I hope Harmony Havoc hasn't started this already, plenty of other requests without covers I see :)
Posted Image

#7 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

Worlds Within The Margin

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 24 June 2006 - 01:35 PM

Nope, I was working on some Metallica covers from requests on MCA. So thanks Metal Up Your Ass!!! Good work. Borlag do you need a stomp to go with this cover and if so Metal Up Your Ass! can you make one to match the cover. If you need a template to use to make the stomp, PM me and I will send you the link on MCA where you can download one. Thanks.
Posted Image

#8 Borlag

Borlag
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 03:49 PM

Nah it's ok like this, I don't have a printer capable of doing the disc labels anyway at the moment.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users