Photo
Done

Black Label Society - 09-15-00 The Metal Factory Fort Lauderdale, FL (CD stomps and covers)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MetallicaSMC

MetallicaSMC
  • Members
  • 200 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:34 AM

Hello all. I need a cover and 2 cd stomps for the following BLS show:

September 15, 2000
The Metal Factory
Fort Lauderdale, FL
2 CDs

Disc One
01 Low Down / 13 Years Of Grief
02 Stronger Than Death
03 All For You / Superterrorizer
04 Phoney Smiles & Fake Hellos
05 Bored To Tears
06 Guitar Solo
07 War Pigs
08 Born To Lose / World Of Trouble

Disc Two
01 No More Tears Pt 1
02 No More Tears Pt 2
03 The Beginning... At Last Pt 1
04 The Beginning... At Last Pt 2 / Outro

I would also like to request for the setlist of each cd to be added on the cd stomps.

Thanks to the artist who make this for me.

#2 Harmony Havoc

Harmony Havoc

Worlds Within The Margin

• Members
  • 746 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 07:04 AM

Bump. Can anyone get to this request anytime soon? Thanks.
Posted Image

#3 Guest_MegadeaD_*

Guest_MegadeaD_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2006 - 09:43 AM

ill do this one :)

#4 MetallicaSMC

MetallicaSMC
  • Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 04:45 PM

Thanks man I appreciate it.

#5 Guest_MegadeaD_*

Guest_MegadeaD_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:52 PM

Done !
cover: Re uploaded see new post
enjoy :)

#6 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 09:42 PM

That's a really good cover man, great work. :D

However, there are a couple things that you might want to fix, otherwise it won't print perfectly.

1) The correct height for the booklet should be 472, not 427 (thus the width of 944).

2) The text and logos on the disc stomps are too close to the center of the disc and will be cut off when printed. I've attached a picture which shows where the cut-off area is.

Also, I notice that your disc stomp is 475x475 pixels. That size is correct at 100 DPI, however, it still doesn't have the best print quality. I used to make all my disc stomps at 475x475 pixels but after printing some of my 150 DPI disc stomps (715x715 pixels) I've found that 150 DPI covers have a lot better print quality than the 100 DPI covers I used to make. They're still not as good as 300 DPI covers, but it's more economical to make tham at 150 DPI (conserves bandwidth and filesize, takes less time and RAM to make them). I occasionally still make some disc stomps at 100 DPI (if it's a 100 DPI DVD cover, because it's easier to find pictures to fit them than it is to fit 150 DPI DVD covers), but mainly I use 150 DPI now, if not 300 DPI (I usually save those for special Metallica covers :P). I will attach a PSD template that I use for 150 DPI disc stomps in my next post...

#7 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 09:57 PM

Here's the 150 DPI disc template. Be sure to hide the center hole cut-off guide before you save the JPG file. ;)

#8 Guest_MegadeaD_*

Guest_MegadeaD_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:10 PM

ok ill fix it up tomorrow , i think different printers/discs can print closer to the hole , i was going with what i was using , but others mighnt be able to use them i guess. this is my first cd cover , so i was using a template i got today . do you have a booklet template ?

#9 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:16 PM

I'll post some 150 DPI templates in the Cover Artists' Hangout forum later today. :)

Some printers do print closer to the center of the disc, in fact there are full faced discs that you can buy, but it's better to make the artwork so that it will fit as many different kinds of discs/printers as possible, that way everyone can use the artwork.

#10 Guest_MegadeaD_*

Guest_MegadeaD_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:09 PM

ok ive fixed the cover and the stomps can someone delete the front cover and the stomps , so i can re-upload them :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users