hardware discussion

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Kat_*

Guest_Kat_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:24 AM

550W :wacko:

The GeForce 8800 is a powerful graphics card, but it needs a shitload of power too... downloading a torrent for days will hurt from now on :blink:

cant you mute them thru the sound software?

That's the problem: When the automatic detection is enabled, the rear outputs should be muted automatically too, but there the front panel doesn't work. When the detection is disabled, I have no way to mute individually. Thus my F*$%!!!!! comment ;)

#42 damage jackal

damage jackal
  • Staff
  • 814 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:03 PM

lets see if i got this right: on my computerA i have the internet coming from the ISP (normally with lan card). if i want to split the internet (wireless) to my computerB, i need: wireless network adapter (usb in this situation) and wireless router. what i do: install the usb adapter onto computerB, which will recieve the internet from the router.
lan card > router > usb adapter
is this all correct?

#43 Guest_Kat_*

Guest_Kat_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:34 AM

Nah, not really...

It is modem (broadband or whatever) -> (Wi-Fi) Router -> Computers

So you have Computer A connected via LAN to the router and Computer B connected wireless. I never was a fan of USB adaptors to go wireless, they always gave me instable connections sooner or later. Can't you get a wireless network card instead? That is how I had both, my main computer (the killer with the 550 W PSU :P) and my laptop connected, worked fine...

#44 damage jackal

damage jackal
  • Staff
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:39 PM

i wont do it (probably), i just had this adapter (for free :D ) and wondered whats the setup. couldnt understand you, whats exactly incorrect?

#45 Guest_Kat_*

Guest_Kat_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:12 AM

install the usb adapter onto computerB, which will recieve the internet from the router.

That is the correct version, the adapter will be connected to the router...

lan card > router > usb adapter

This is incorrect, the router is first, after that is is either the lan card or the usb adapter or both...

Yeah, I know... picky bitch I am :P

#46 damage jackal

damage jackal
  • Staff
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:09 AM

aah, thanks for the explaination

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users