• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 leftyjlaj

leftyjlaj
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • Favorite Band:Aaron Lewis

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:28 PM

I am looking for a new printer. The one I have now just isnt making the covers as clear as I want them. I am good with computers but know little about printers. I was told to get a laserjet, not an inkjet. i need some suggestions. i dont want to spend too much. this printer will manily be used for covers
CLICK SIGNATURE TO ENTER THE BOOTLEG MATRIX
Posted Image
Signature kindly designed by Kat

#2 damage jackal

damage jackal
  • Staff
  • 814 posts
  • Favorite Band:Metallica

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:10 PM

laserjet is the best but you want colors. color laserjets are too expensive. you should be fine with inkjet. im sure other guys can help you out pick up a model ;)

#3 leftyjlaj

leftyjlaj
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:14 PM

oh ok. i can spend around or up to about 200 bucks.

does anyone have any good ideas for a model?
Posted Image

#4 Diamond_D

Diamond_D
  • Members
  • 767 posts
  • Favorite Band:PanterA

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:35 PM

i use the epson R220 it does great and you can print directly to disc also,they cost around 100.00 bucks
Posted Image

#5 leftyjlaj

leftyjlaj
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:41 PM

^thanks. thats cheap. i could do that.

but i hope i dont sound like too much of an idiot but what do you mean you can print directly to a disc? do you mean you can put a cd in and it will print on it? i have nero and it lets you print on a sticker stomp, thats probably what i will do.
Posted Image

#6 damage jackal

damage jackal
  • Staff
  • 814 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:46 PM

your cd need to be lightscribe tho

#7 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:58 PM

No, LightScribe is different from printing directly on discs. You can buy printable discs (they have a white surface that can be printed on). Printing onto discs works pretty well, but I recommend using a LightScribe burner to burn images onto discs, as it doesn't take any ink. However, since LightScribe doesn't support color (yet) it's always nice to be able to print a disc in color if you want to. Being able to print directly onto discs works a lot better than the stickers, those are really messy (but good for discs that are already burned and aren't printable).

I have an Epson R320 (discontinued, get the R220) and it's the best printer I've ever had--and I've had a lot of different printers. It prints in really great quality, pixel perfect if the cover is 300 DPI.

#8 leftyjlaj

leftyjlaj
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:15 PM

i will look it up and probably go with that one. thanks guys.

now, hopefully the ink doesnt break the bank. thats why i was told to get laserjet.

how often do you have to refill your ink spawn?
Posted Image

#9 Kathlib the Prophet

Kathlib the Prophet

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Staff
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:25 PM

Well, it takes 6 separate ink cartridges (black, magenta, cyan, etc). They're only $10 each, but since you have to buy 6 it ends up costing $60. However, you usually don't have to replace them all at once and it does take awhile before you need to replace them. I used one set of cartridges all year last year for school, but I wasn't printing covers, just a lot of essays and Python/C++ programs every week.

You can buy the ink at Office Max, and you'll probably find the R220 there as well (that's where I got my R320).

#10 leftyjlaj

leftyjlaj
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:35 PM

ok. thats not too bad. i am having a hard time finding the one you guys are talking about. i went to staples.com and the only one they had was the Epson C120

and bestbuy.com had these

i live on the marylan/delaware line and these are the closest stores to me. i am at work now so i cant go there and ask but if its not on their site i dont think i can order them either.

any suggestions?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users